KACo Bonds Program
KACo offers a variety of surety and fidelity bonds as an agent for Liberty Mutual. Click on the links below to view additional information and applications.
Public Official Bonds
A public official bond guarantees the honest and faithful performance of the duties an elected official performs as prescribed by law, including the honest account of all monies entrusted to the official while in office.
Many elected county officials are required by Kentucky Statute to post individual public official bonds. Let KACo Insurance Agency help you with this process. Click on the links below to view your bond requirements.
- Sheriff (KRS 70.020, KRS 134.230)
- County Judge/Executive (KRS 67.720)
- County Clerk (KRS 62.055)
- Jailer (KRS 71.010)
- Coroner and Deputy Coroner (KRS 72.010)
- Constable (KRS 70.310)
- County Surveyor (KRS 73.010)
- Property Valuation Administrator (KRS 132.400)
Many appointed officials are also required by Kentucky Statute to post individual public official bonds. Some of these appointed officials include:
- Treasurer (KRS 68.010)
It is also important to note that ANY individual who handles public funds as an employee of a county government is required to post a bond. This requirement is outlined in KRS 65.067.
Information for County Attorneys can be found here.
Additional types of bonds
- Encroachment Bonds
- Application:(Fillable Word Doc) (Printable PDF)
- Employee Dishonesty Bonds
- Excess Employee Dishonesty Bonds
- ERISA Bonds
- Agent's License Bonds
- Motor Fuels Tax Refund Bonds
USDA Rural Development Position Fidelity Schedule Bonds
If the type of bond you are seeking is not listed, please call for assistance.