KACo Employment Opportunities
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
The Kentucky Association of Counties, Inc. (KACo) is hiring a new Customer Service Representative. The position description is listed below.
This full-time position, located in Frankfort, Kentucky, has a salary range starting at $19.95 per hour. KACo also provides an excellent benefits package, including fully paid individual health and dental insurance plans.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com. This position shall remain open until filled.
This position responds to inquiries and requests from insured members and agents regarding the following insurance products: Unemployment Insurance, Fidelity and Surety Bonds, KACo All Lines Fund (KALF) and KACo Workers Compensation Fund (WC). Duties are performed in a normal professional office environment.
- Track and document financial information relating to Unemployment program members employee wages and claim charges to the member’s UI account
- Assist the KACo Accounting Manager with duties related to the calculation, documentation, reconciliation, invoicing and collection of UI member premiums and account balance information and preparation for UI board meetings
- Receive claim documents from the Kentucky Division of Unemployment Insurance and timely relay all information received to the appropriate UI members
- Assist the Insurance Agency Manager as directed with matters related to the KIA bond program including customer service, processing bond applications, interacting with the surety company, documenting transactions and facilitating renewals
- Facilitate process for getting answers to routine coverage questions presented by members or agents (KALF/WC)
- Receives/enters policy change requests (KALF)
- Prepares certificates of insurance as requested (KALF/WC)
- Tracks receipt of/enters in policy renewal information (KALF/WC)
- Tracks receipt of/enters in payroll audit information (WC)
- Maintains paperless files through utilization of computer scanning file system
- Notifies broker, reinsurance carrier, claims administrator and others of membership changes (KALF/WC)
- Backs up reception clerk as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proper telephone etiquette
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs and database software
- Ability to safely and successfully perform job duties
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance
Education, Experience and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Postsecondary coursework preferred
- Prior customer service experience preferred