KACo Leadership Institute
The KACo Leadership Institute provides professional and practical education and training for county officials.
In-person classes have been suspended until further notice due to COVID-19.
Upcoming web-based classes
Transportation and Public Safety
Partnerships with local communities and their leaders are critical to making Kentucky a safer place to live, work and travel. This session will explore resources and opportunities to get informed, get involved and get intentional about setting an example for improving highway safety in communities. Approved for 2 hours of HB 810 training credit. We will also cover:
- Non-emergency Medicaid Transportation and the steps taken during the COVID-19 pandemic to provide public protection
- Update on the 2021 Legislative Session and its impact on the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet and infrastructure
- Jason Siwula, Assistant State Highway Engineer – Innovation, Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
- Jeremy Thompson, Branch Manager, Office of Transportation Delivery
- Kenny Bishop, Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Legislative Director
11 a.m. – noon EDT
Counties that spend $750,000 or more in federal funds in one year are subject to a single audit. Single audits are designed to provide assurance to the federal government that a county has adequate internal controls in place, and is in compliance with program requirements. This briefing will include a high-level overview of single audits including definitions, processes and requirements. Approved for 1 hour of HB 810 training credit.
- Farrah Petter, Assistant State Auditor
- Liz Lowe, Quality Assurance Manager, Kentucky Office of the Auditor
- Jim Royse, Executive Director, Office of Local Government Audits, Kentucky Office of the Auditor
May 5, 2021
2 – 4 p.m. EST
This session will focus on Real ID, answering frequently asked questions and any other questions participants may have. The training will also review the ongoing transition of driver licensing and credentialing responsibilities from Kentucky’s Circuit Court Clerks to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet’s Division of Driver Licensing, as well as other recent exciting developments and initiatives of the Division of Driver Licensing. Approved for 2 hours of HB 810 training credit.
- Sarah Jackson, Senior Advisor to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Secretary
- Matthew Cole, Commissioner, Department of Vehicle Regulation
Class ID: #05
Reducing cybersecurity risks in your office
May 12, 2021
1 – 3 p.m. EDT
This class is designed to educate county officials about cybersecurity risks in today’s workplace and how to avoid common pitfalls. A demonstration of the eRiskHub site, a resource provided to KACo members, will be included in the training. Education and having a strong plan in place is key to reducing cybersecurity risks for your county and employees. Approved for 2 hours of HB 810 training credit.
- Mark Greisiger, President, Net Diligence
- Mike Richoux, Account and Project Manager, Net Diligence eRisk Hub Support Team
Class ID: #09
KACo Leadership Institute: Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
May 25, 2021
2 - 4 p.m. EDT
This course will cover the laws and regulations that define sexual harassment, the reporting duties and consequences for failing to do so, and provide suggestions to best implement anti-harassment policies in the workplace. Participants will also learn ways to prevent and discourage sexual harassment and how to promote a safe and respectful workplace. Approved for 2 hours of HB 810 training credit.
- Carol Pettit, Attorney, Vaughn Pettit Legal Group, PLLC
Class ID: #10
- (Mar 30) - Community Action Agency Resources
- (Mar 22) - Injury and Illness Recordkeeping
- (Mar 10) - Rural and Municipal Road Aid
- (Feb 20) - County Insurance Premium Taxes
2020 Class Materials